Sunday, July 25, 2010

It Isn't Easy, And It Isn't Clear

"I wish I was a twin," is what most people tell me when they find out that I am one. "What is it like? Can you read each others minds? Is it true that one can feel the others pain?"


It has taken me 20 years to answer these questions, yes. Yes, we can read each others minds. Yes, I can feel her pain and she can feel mine. And yes, she is the biggest, greatest gift that God gave me in this world.

Yesterday was my 20th birthday. Two decades on this earth, what an awesome blessing.

The first call I received was from a friend. I picked up to sobs, "He's dead, Roman died last night." I couldn't even talk to him, I didn't believe it.

It took Millie and I all day to finally grasp that our 'Boi,' her boy, our Romeo had passed away. . . on our birthday of all days. Roman Limonchenko was a friend that will never be forgotten. Ever since the moment I met him I loved him. God put it on my heart to love this boy like my brother, and that's exactly what I did. He was one of the most giving guys I know. Everywhere we went he was paying for everyone, making sure everyone had a good time and that his girls; Alex, Melle, and Coco, were taken care of. He LOVED ME BACK.

All of this made me look back at my life. The crazy life that I live and realize that I don't think I would have made it without Melle, my twin. We've been through more than I can even think of and I know that it wasn't my strength that got me through, it was hers.

She's my best friend. I can read her mind and understand her mumbles that no one else can understand. I know what she's thinking and will always be there when she is sad. She is the exact match for me. We were made for each other. We were given each other as a gift because God knew that we would never make it on our own.
She's my strength and I am hers.

Most people say, "I came into this world alone, and I'll leave this world alone. . ."

As I sit here on this flight back to Orlando, I smile because . . . I didn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment